Domiciliary Care Assistant
£8.15-£8.75 Per Hour
Crawley, West Sussex
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Domiciliary Care Worker to join their busy team in the Crawley area.
Main duties to include:
- To act at all times in accordance with the company's code of conduct and the Standards of the General Social Care Council.
- To attend to the personal needs of the customer as agreed with the manager, and as detailed in the customer’s Care Plan.
- To create and maintain good communication with customers and their families.
- To ensure that the service provided is of a high standard and maintains customers and carer's routines and allocated times.
- To maintain customer and staff confidentiality at all time.
- To report any changes in the customer’s circumstances to the Care Manager.
- To attend customers reviews as required.
- To ensure that services delivered are in accordance with the customers agreed Care Plan.
- To ensure that customers receive the necessary support, in a way that is culturally and ethnically sensitive, and reflects the customers needs in relation to their age, gender, sexuality, social class, disability or religious belief.
- Care workers should aim to ensure a safe living environment for customers whilst respecting customer’s choice and rights.
- Care workers should ensure the customer is not put at risk as a result of home care activities.
- Care workers must have due regard for their own personal safety at all times
- Care workers are responsible for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the customer.
- Any health and safety concern must be reported to the Care Manager without delay
- Care workers must not work with equipment that is unsafe. Any unsafe or out of date equipment should be reported to the field care supervisor immediately.
- Care workers work as part of a caring team liasing with agencies and other professionals as necessary.
The hours of work for this position are flexible, therefore our client is able to accommodate both full and part time applications. Shadow shifts are a requirement, as is ongoing training.