It is required, by law, that all staff members working within the care industry posses a valid and in-date Enhanced DBS Check (previously known as a CRB Check).
This is generally carried out by your employer, is in accordance with CQC requirement and needs to be updated annually.
In order to work for Lobster Recruitment in care, you will need to have a DBS processed prior to the commencement of working.
DBS checks cost £58 per person, per year and are payable via an online card payment.
To approve a DBS application for process, we must view and verify at least 3 original ID documents.
At least 1 of the 3 documents MUST be a:
- Current Valid Passport
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Photo Driving Licence; Full or Provisional
- UK Birth Certificate (Issued within 6 weeks of birth)
- Adoption Certificate
- The 2 further documents can be any of the following:
- Current Paper Driving Licence; Full or Provisional
- UK Birth Certificate (Issued more than 6 weeks after birth)
- Marriage/ Civil Partnership Certificate
- HM Forces ID Card
- Fire Arms Licence
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank Statement
- Credit Card Statement
- P45/P60 Statement
- Council Tax Statement
- Utility Bill
- EU National ID Card
- Document from Central/Local Government/Government Agency/Local Authority
If you have registered for the DBS update service then we do not need to apply for a new DBS before you start work. However, we will still need to review the outcome of your current DBS. Please telephone the office with the details of your DBS as soon as possible on 01293 401 600.